Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Arranging



I've been busily arranging some pieces for string quartet and piano for C for some upcoming concerts and in those wee hours of the morning working on a piece for two sopranos and piano using found texts with some of my words mixed in- it's my first attempt at a Japanese text.
Luka had his soccer practice yesterday and I think he found a girlfriend- he just goes crazy when he sees her-he even tried to eat sand for her. Anyway his grandmother gave him a stern talking to about listening to the coach and not eating sand to which he replied by crying in my arms for about an hour. Finally he said "Mama"(which is the name he uses to call his grandmother) angry. Luka sad" which is the first time I've ever heard him use those words in context.

1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Awww.. Wayne was telling me the story you told me about Luka's soccer playing - very cute!

Rolfe's Barber Shop