Thursday, October 25, 2007

I future is apple pie.

Interview tests at school... I asked a student what he wanted to be in the future he responded appropriately with "I future is apple pie." On the composing front I finally have a 'break' so I've started sketching out an orchestral piece that's been floating around on the back burners. I've also started writing some more solo guitar music that is very influenced by middle-eastern rhythms.
I bought a plant for my desk. It's a chamaedorea, my table-top palm tree.
Luka and I had a little jam session last night- he was singing and playing the ukulele whilst I was playing the tambourine and toy piano. It was going really well until I broke out my clarinet- it turns out that the sound of the clarinet(or my playing thereof) isn't quite agreeable to his little ears. He ran away to his grandmother's house. Oh well...
concert update:
-Oct 27 2007 St Edmond’s Church London 8:00P The Uno Guitar Duo will perform Getting Here

4 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Maybe we should get your "I future is apple pie" boy together with my "My mother.... my mother.... my mother eat me" boy. I think they'd get on famously, especially if we made them speak together in English.

Jason R. Taylor said...

yeah...maybe they could write a movie script together

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That would be a great movie to watch stoned! Ahhh... not that I would know from experience of course....

Jason R. Taylor said...

ha ha...

Rolfe's Barber Shop